Sunday 10 March 2013

Roast carrots.

I normally wouldn't post a recipe for roast carrots on the Internet because it is so easy and there are so many recipes for them.
I just got some fresh carrots and decided I'd make a simple roast carrot recipe here:

4 whole pealed carrots cut on the bias ( on an angle)
Pinch of salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp honey ( optional)

Preheat oven to 400°f.

Cut carrots into equal sized pieces.
Line a nonstick skillet with aluminium foil.
Place carrots in pan and season with salt and pepper.
Drizzle with olive oil and small amount of honey (optional)
Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on size of carrots.
Turn and bake for another 10 minutes or until fork tender.

Serve hot.

Notes; you can put what ever spices you want on them before they bake. I like to put cinnamon on mine. I think it gives it a warm flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment